In 2013 Mills & Boon relaunched their RIVA line with Modern Tempted (called Harlequin KISS in the States), an imprint that held echoes of the Temptation novels of the 80s and 90s, and the sexiness of the Modern Heat series from the 00s.
Whether as RIVA or as Modern Tempted, I adored the books and was incredibly upset when the line stopped publishing two years ago.
So this month I’m taking a look back at the authors of Modern Tempted, at the books they wrote then, and what they’re up to now…
It’s all about food, glorious food in Her Client from Hell:
Her customer satisfaction guarantee…!
Cassie Sweet has a new mantra in her life—failure is not an option! Her good-for-nothing ex might have run off with all her money, but she’s determined to make her new catering business a success. So no distractions. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Which means her infuriatingly rude—and exasperatingly handsome!—new client, filmmaker Jack Brennan, is definitely off the menu…
After all, while the customer might always be right, Jack’s clearly every shade of wrong! So when his clothes end up on her bedroom floor why do they look so right? And the biggest question of all: is this a recipe for disaster—or the best mistake of her life…?
I love an imperfect heroine.
There’s nothing quite like them. There’s something about seeing someone overcome the odds, and other people’s expectations that I just adore, and that’s Cassie to a T.
Everyone knows her as the impetuous one, who makes all the bad decisions, and she’s determined to prove everyone wrong – even if that does mean refusing help from her multi-millionaire brother-in-law.
And, to be fair to her, she does it. Partly through grit and determination, and partly because she’s a damn good cook! Her catering business is fantastic, and it’s brilliant to see her begin to meld business and pleasure when she meets the delightful Jack!
Blake’s other Modern Tempted books include:
- Backstage with Her Ex (Sasha needs help, and the only person who can really help is her high school sweetheart, Nate, who’s now a rock star! Will their reunion be fleeting, or will it last?)
- Enemies with Benefits (Isaac knows more about Poppy’s secrets than anyone else, but after one steamy night, will she want to share more than just her past with him?)
So what’s Louisa been up to since the end of Modern Tempted?
She’s still publishing Medical romances with Mills & Boon:
- Her Doctor’s Christmas Proposal (Isabel’s tired of running, and when her childhood sweetheart, Sean, appears, she finally shares her deepest secret with him. Sean’s shocked to learn that he was once a father, and that Isabel went through the grief of losing it alone. But now he’s here, he’s never letting her go again…)
- Tempted by Her Italian Surgeon (Ivy’s been called into to help sort out the scandal caused by surgeon Matteo, and the photo that’s gone viral online… But Matteo is far more interested in creating some more scandal with Ivy!)
- Tempted by Hollywood’s Top Doc (Being forced to pander to the stars is not Jake Lewis’ idea of fun, but when he’s thrown together with assistant Lola Bennet, their chemistry seems to be enveloping the filmset…)
There’s the saucy A Deal with the Devil:
Rey’s an expert in two things, and two things alone: fighting and gambling. But when he needs a fake fiancee to help seal a business deal, it’s to casino waitress Kate Wilkinson that he turns. Kate can’t decide whether she hates or admires Rey, so will he be able to claim her heart?
And more recently, she’s published a number of single title romances:
- Baby, It’s Hot Outside (When Daniel Wade agrees to organize his friend’s wedding, the last thing he expects is for the bridesmaid to be his estranged wife. Emma’s got her heart set on divorce, but will he be able to take this change to make things right?)
- Something Borrowed (Chloe’s been jilted, her mother’s convinced that she’s a victim of the family curse, and her sister can’t stop babbling on about finding The One. The last thing she needs is for her business to hit hard times… And then she meets Vaughn, the arrogant chef with the perfect restaurant to save her business…)
- The Secret Art of Forgiveness (When Emily’s forced to spend a week back in the little English village she grew up in, she’s devastated. She’s made a home fore herself elsewhere, but soon she’ll starte to question where her heart really belongs…)
Award-winning author Louisa George has been a book addict her whole life.
In between chapters she gained a degree in Communication Studies, trained as a nurse, married her doctor hero and had two sons.
Now, she spends her days writing chapters of her own in the medical romance, contemporary romance and women’s fiction genres.
Louisa’s books have variously been nominated for the RITA®Award and the NZ Koru Award and translated into twelve languages. She currently lives in Auckland, New Zealand and, when not writing or reading, likes to travel, drink mojitos and do Zumba®- preferably all at the same time.
Find out more about her and her writing on Facebook, Twitter and on her website.